Even the flightcase didn’t save this one from UPS. Chassis is loose, the bolts pulled right through the sleeve, and the rivnuts broken loose, meaning the bolts just spin but are retained. Had to push them all the way thorough the sleeve, then address the oversized holes later.
New transformer in there and the reverb connector is removed and replaced with an XLR on the back presumably for an external unit.
Another view of the guts, showing the wiring for new transformer. No HT fuse in these puts the PT at risk.
Other end of the chassis.
Detail of the reverb mod. Now I’m thinking maybe a DIN rather than XLR but I put it back in flightcase and put stuff on top waiting for a rivnut tool showing up.
This is kind of a rarity. Came in between Klipps and Pro-tube series as far as I know, have asked Laney on FB if they can confirm anything.
Decent sized iron. Still the crappy rotary switches.
PCB with more stuff mounted on it that the Pro Tubes, guess they figured it wasn’t such a great idea.
Combo version, different chassis, cut outs and angled front.
McKenzie speakers. Burman briefly used these, kind of premium items, few Burman similarities/influences on these amps, see Pro Series amps.
Picked up as a fixer, no sleeve, been in a shed, think the sleeve rotted. Has the same PCB as an OR120 so could be converted fairly readily, but some people want it as a slave so prob just a fix up.
Choke and fair sized iron.
PCB with the OR120 parts unpopulated.
Wire broken off the end of a filter cap, soldered back on, and failed again.
Page for pedals: https://www.facebook.com/Tone-Wolf-Audio-1691292437793425/?fref=photo
Eyelet board Carlsbro 60TR guts.
100w Carlsbro Bass head with the C core transformers pictured loads from the previous one I had.
Got this today. But didn’t have the right cable to have a go with it. So I took it apart instead.
Looks OK so far.
Oh dear, probably good I didn’t have a go with it then. Easy soldering job though. Not super exciting inside.
Bit of a mission to go and get this. Came with no valves, but been after a Hiwatt for ages. Hope it works because the inked joins and ridiculous neatness are going to make it hard to sort out without showing.
PA front, pretty boring.
Super tidy inked guts. The inked turrets with no solder on them is odd though.
Here are the pain in the nuts must have two cabs plugged in to work jack arrangement, as the amp was more powerful than most cabs could take. Overall, very similar to my Sound City 200, but neater and inked.
Also had this much less interesting Sound city slave arrive.
Electrovoice transformers again. Not very exciting.
Figured would be nice to compare to the previous one.
New one at the top, different textured finish. pull brights on the master volumes for each channel, and the other pull knobs relabeled.
Inside, looks like they got stingy with the capacitors. Chunky iron, and there is a date sticker on the choke saying 1991.
Guts look really tidy. No sign of those caps though, kinda expected to be on sides of chassis.